Crisis Communication (IMC 631) requires applying theory and case study analysis, students gain the expertise and confidence required to maneuver through myriad potential crisis situations that today’s organizations and individuals encounter.
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of IMC 631, students will be able to:
- Apply crisis prevention strategies to different situations in various industries.
- Describe crisis planning and preparation measures.
- Differentiate between different types of crises.
- Assess the appropriateness of a crisis response.
- Evaluate the information needs and resources of a crisis situation.
- Identify the appropriate social media tools to use in different stages of crisis communications and reputation management.
- Critically analyze previous crisis situations in established organizations.
- Create a crisis communication plan for an organization.
- Crisis Communications Overview
- Crisis Prevention and Communications
- Crisis Preparation and Planning
- Crisis Response
- Social Media, Rumors Crisis Communications
- Case Studies: Classics in Crisis Communications and Management
- Case Studies: Environmental Crises; Natural Disasters
- Case Studies: Product Tampering and Product Failure
- Case Studies: Death and Injury; Individuals in Scandal and Crisis