Advanced Creative Concepts (IMC 625) emphasizes the creative aspects of executing an IMC strategy including visual branding, verbal branding, creative direction and art direction. Focuses on conceiving, developing, expressing and executing a coherent visual identity using a comprehensive IMC strategy.
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of IMC 625, students will be able to:
- Conduct in-depth research and outline a case study of a brand including its mission, voice, visual identity and target market.
- Research, analyze and recommend appropriate media from a selection of print, digital and social media vehicles used by contemporary publishers for content delivery and brand marketing.
- Conceive, develop and express complex visual ideas and concepts, translating them
into a coherent visual identity that builds a brand and reinforces its marketing
- Apply professional creative direction and art direction techniques across print, digital and social media.
- Write, design and produce marketing executions that effectively express the visual
identity and IMC strategy for the brand.
Intro to a Lifestyle Title Launch; New Ideas in Content Delivery
Creative Visual Strategies & Techniques in IMC
Art Direction & Mock Photoshoot
Media Considerations & Techniques
Video Storyboarding for Television & the Internet
New Roles for Social Media
Putting it All Together: Reinforcing a Creative Strategy with a Unified Visual