Web Metrics and SEO (IMC 642) examines how marketers strategically gather online information to measure traffic, engagement and potential impact on ROI. Explores search engine optimization (SEO) and social media optimization (SMO) strategies used to build an online presence for clients.
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of IMC 642, students will be able to:
- Identify the basic principles of web metrics/analytics and SEO.
- Recognize how quantitative information gathered from the web can be used by marketers.
- Explain how marketers use current web analytics tools and SEO to deliver ROI for their clients.
- Discuss the strength and weaknesses of social channels as advertising mediums.
- Cite how organizations can build and maintain a social online presence.
- Create and maintain a blog pertaining to course discussion topics and current issues in this field of study.
- Use modern web analytics tools to report upon and interpret web traffic.
- Intro to Web Analytics and the Basics of Web Analytics
- Tool Introduction and Selection
- Social Media Analytics and Advertising Channels
- Google Analytics
- Exploring Google Analytics View Settings and Advanced Features
- SEO/On-page Optimization
- SEO/Off-Page Optimization
- Wrap-up Week