Social Media and Marketing (IMC 641) examines the latest strategies for monitoring and engaging consumers in social media from a marketing perspective. Explores popular platforms, such as Twitter and Facebook, that are used to connect with and analyze target audiences.
Upon completing the course, you will complete the following certification:
- Facebook Blueprint Certification
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of IMC 641, students will be able to:
- Provide a broad overview of social media and the social web.
- Explain the role of social media in IMC.
- Research and engage current social media communications channels.
- Evaluate what companies have done or are currently doing, and learn what makes some social media strategies succeed but others fail.
- Discuss how consumers interact socially and via word-of-mouth.
- Discuss the types of information that spread on social media networks, as well as how that information spreads.
- Evaluate the effectiveness and ROI of a social media plan using appropriate and informative metrics for tracking performance.
- Understand the importance of trust and transparency in social media marketing.
- Understand the latest guidelines provided by The Federal Trade Commission.
- Develop a comprehensive social media marketing plan for a real company or brand.
- Social Media Marketing: Setting the Stage Understanding the Digital Consumer
- Building a Strong Foundation: Engagement Principles
- Social Media Listening Monitoring
- Social Media Channels
- Measurement Metrics to Quantify Success
- Content Development Social Media Engagement
- Truth, Trust Transparency
- Wrap-up Week