Mentoring is the pairing of an individual (mentor) who has expert knowledge or skill with someone (mentee) desiring to gain that knowledge or skill in order to further develop professional expertise. – Michael Zey, The Mentor Connection
In 2020, the WVU Reed College of Media is launching a new Integrated Marketing Communications & Data Marketing Communications Mentorship Program. This program is designed to leverage human relationship between an experienced industry mentor and an aspiring early-career professional. Mentors will volunteer their time and expertise to help guide students through academic and professional pursuits.
Ground Rules of the Program
- The inaugural 2020 IMC & Data Mentorship Program will run March 1 through August 1, 2020.
- Mentors and students wishing to participate must apply and be selected. Information provided during application will be used for pairing purposes.
- The goals for each individual participating in the mentorship program will be determined by the mentor and student during their first meeting. Please Note: Finding a job and/or therapy are not an appropriate goals for mentorship. Career guidance, resume/application advice, how to make the most of the WVU graduate experience, and networking support are appropriate goals.
- Participating mentors and students are expected to connect at least once each month for the duration of the mentorship program. The mentorship pair will determine the dates, times and mode of their meetings.
- All mentors and students participating in the mentorship program must attend Integrate 2020 in Morgantown, WV on May 28-30, 2020. There will be a specialized agenda for mentors and students to help supplement their mentorship relationship throughout the conference, starting with an evening reception on Thursday, May 28. Mentors will be provided with a free All-Access Conference Pass to attend Integrate 2020.
- Mentors and students are expected to participate in an evaluation of the program at the conclusion of the season.
To ensure the success of the 2020 IMC & Data Mentorship Program, these ground
rules for participation are non-negotiable. By submitting an application to serve
as a mentor, you are acknowledging your willingness to maintain the standards established
for mentors in the program for the good of the student(s) you are assigned to mentor.
If you feel that you have what it takes to be a mentor, please apply through the form below by no later than Friday, December 6, 2019.
If you're having trouble filling out this form, view the standalone Mentor Application form.