Examine the marketing techniques used by businesses to make a difference in the world, focusing on partnerships between businesses and non-profit organizations. Through case studies, the history and uses of cause marketing are examined as well as predictions for the future of the marketing practice.
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of IMC 624, students will be able to:
- Explain cause marketing and understand how it differentiates from charity.
- Discuss the history of cause marketing.
- Interpret campaign target markets and demographics of consumers most likely to respond to cause marketing and corporate social responsibility.
- Analyze the benefits to corporations, nonprofits and society created by cause marketing and social initiatives.
- Criticize the dangers and pitfalls of cause marketing.
- Demonstrate how cause marketing is used in branding.
- Distinguish the steps necessary to create a cause marketing campaign.
- Evaluate a current campaign and make recommendations for improvements.
- Introduction to Cause Marketing and Corporate Social Initiatives
- Marketing Driven Initiatives Cause Marketing, Cause Promotion and Social Marketing
- Corporate Driven Initiatives Tactics – Philanthropy and Volunteering
- Selecting Causes and Partners to fit the Target Audiences
- Planning and Evaluating Campaigns
- When things go wrong
- The future of cause marketing