Workload: (15-20 hours per week)
Social Media Optimization (DMC 664) focuses on both gathering data from social media as well as customization of messages for maximum social media reach. Students will focus on how marketing communications initiatives succeed and fail in the social media sphere and which data sets can best inform their social media campaigns. Examines the spectrum of how the emergence of data from the social media sphere can be leveraged and applied to marketing communications strategy, planning and execution to reach audiences efficiently and effectively.
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of DMC 664, students will be able to:
- Discuss the role of big data in social media.
- Build and evaluate data and analytics from social media efforts.
- Determine how to quantify social media performance.
- Hypothesize the attribution models that include credit for social media.
- Critique social media metrics as brand versus demand based.
- Differentiate successful marketing communications campaigns that use social media and track it appropriately.
- Introduction to Social Media Optimization
- Understanding the Foundations of the Social Web and Establishing Trust
- Enterprise Social Strategy and the Convergence of Social Media, Search and Content Marketing
- Exploring Social Media Analytics and Semantic Analysis to Derive Data Driven Insights
- Influencer Marketing and Social Media Optimization
- Persona Development and Engagement Planning for Social Media Optimization
- Setting Goals and Objectives, Measuring Performance and Business Value
Top 3 Key Course Takeaways
- What is social intelligence.
- How to make data driven decisions from social data and apply to marketing communications strategy, planning and execution.
- How to capitalize on the emergence of data from the social media sphere to reach audiences efficiently and effectively.