Build upon the basics of Direct Marketing developed in IMC 616. Students will learn to apply those concepts and techniques in the world of Business-to-Business (B2B) IMC Direct Marketing. Some assignments allow the students to apply the strategies and tactics to their present employment.
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of IMC 626, students will be able to:
- Cite the differences between B2B and B2C markets, and how to segment the B2B market.
- Identify the specific challenges that B2B marketers face and how to use proven direct marketing tactics to solve those challenges.
- Understand the legal issues in direct marketing.
- Understand lead generation through direct marketing and how to manage, identify and follow up leads for profitability.
Use advanced online marketing techniques to enhance the direct marketing function for B2B profitability and distribution partnerships.
- Explain how B2B brand management benefits from direct marketing.
- Identify how to build in metrics to measure the ROI of direct marketing strategies.
- Identify hands-on tactical creative strategies for successful B2B direct marketing campaigns.
- Develop a “real life” direct marketing campaign for a company selling B2B.
- Introduction to Business-to-Business (B2B) Marketing
- More B2B Marketing Concepts
- Challenges of B2B Marketing and OST – “Objectives, Strategies and Tactics"
- Proven Creative Strategies for B2B DM Implementation including E-Mail and Other Online Marketing Techniques
- Managing B2B Sales Leads, Measuring "Return on Marketing Investment" (ROMI) from Sales Lead Programs
- Managing the Global B2B Brand Asset with DM
- Ethical and Legal Issues in B2B DM