Campaigns (IMC 636) is a rigorous and comprehensive capstone course that requires students to develop a thoughtful and professional quality IMC campaign for a real-world client. The best final campaign submissions may be featured in the program’s online IMC Student Portfolio.
Course Learning Outcomes
In IMC 636, students will be required to:
- Develop a detailed target market description.
- Create a SWOT analysis.
- Develop an integrated communications strategy statement.
- Write a brand positioning statement.
- Write a creative brief.
- Design a series of touch point creative executions.
- Conduct research regarding your client and your target audience.
- Establish an IMC campaign budget and justify that budget based on the marketing goal.
- Develop a detailed media plan.
- Determine effective methods for evaluating your IMC campaign.
- Write an executive summary.
- Develop a campaign conclusion.
- Put together a complete, professional IMC campaign from start to finish.
The final campaigns require that students write a complete IMC campaign and execute the creative work required to carry out that campaign. This includes:
- Researching a client, target markets and competition (primary and secondary).
- Developing an integrated communications strategy statement.
- Designing communication objectives and tactics.
- Developing advertising, social media, public relations, internal communications and other creative pieces.
- Developing a series of evaluation methods designed to demonstrate the results of a campaign. This should also include a plan for pre-execution research.
Course Topics - Provided Client
- Campaign Introduction, Owned, Earned and Paid Media Review Concepts and Learning about the Brand
- Defining Your Target Audience
- Marketing Goals, IMC Objectives and Strategies
- IMC Assets: Integrated Communications Strategy Statement, Media Assets and Other Tools
- Owned and Earned Strategies and Tactics
- Paid Media Strategies
- Measurement Strategies, Executive Summary and Conclusion
Course Topics - Selected Client
- Learning About Your Client – Marketing Goal(s); IMC Campaign Objectives; Target Audience; Budget
- Structuring Your IMC Plan – Justifying Your Budget; Research Concept Statements
- Brand Positioning, Integrated Communication Strategy Statement
- The Campaign Message
- Media (communication) Planning: Objectives, Strategies, Rationale
- Media (communication) Planning: Tactics, Budget
- Touch Point Creative Executions
- Evaluation, Executive Summary and Conclusion