Introduction to Digital Marketing Communications introduces students to the fundamentals of the field. Students learn and apply how organizations can integrate digital communication strategies into traditional media to help meet marketing objectives. An audit of techniques, tools, and processes including practical methods for online research, development of digital strategy, and implementation of marketing communications online.
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of IMC 640, students will be able to:
- Identify the fundamental trends shaping marketing and new frameworks for marketing in the digital economy.
- Define digital marketing communications and describe the digital media planning process.
- Develop measurable digital marketing communications objectives and strategies.
- Recognize the advantages and disadvantages of key digital marketing communications functions and explain the importance of integrating a creative approach across them.
- Recognize the marketing plan as the basis for creating an effective digital marketing communications campaign.
- Digital Marketing Strategy
- User Experience, Web Development and Design
- Mobile, SEO and Digital Copywriting and eCommerce
- Search, Online and Social Media Advertising
- CRM and Content Marketing
- Social Media Platforms/Strategy and Direct Marketing
- Video Marketing, Conversion Optimization, Data Analytics, Law and Ethics
Top 3 Takeaways
- Fundamentals of digital marketing communications and the digital media planning process.
- Audit of key digital marketing strategies, tactics and tools meet marketing objectives.
- Earn Google Beginner and Advanced Analytics Certifications.