Workload: (10-15 hours per week)
The course teaches real life situations that you can use in your professional career immediately. In every lesson, your goal is to convince your boss to grant you the budget you need to construct a mobile marketing plan for your chosen business. Expect a 3 out of 5 workload rating, estimating 10-15 hours per week.
Mobile Marketing (IMC 629) examines exciting new business developments in mobility, explores fundamental forces that shape the wireless industry, discusses keys to establishing a competitive advantage and examines emerging trends that may indicate where the industry is heading.
Mobile Marketing is an elective in the IMC master's degree program and a required course in the Digital Marketing Communications master's degree program.
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of IMC 629, students will be able to:
- Identify and discuss key terminology and successful mobile marketing examples.
- Explain how technology and mobile marketing are intertwined.
- Discuss and analyze what makes mobile marketing different from other marketing approaches.
- Explain how the mobile web and mobile applications are monetized and coexist.
- Discuss and analyze how mobile plays a key part in the consumer journey from research to purchase.
- Analyze and produce basic visual mobile communication pieces.
- Introduction and Advantages of Mobile Marketing
- Mobile Optimized Websites
- Messaging and Text Message Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Mobile Advertising
- Mobile Commerce
- The Future of Mobile and Final Project
Top 3 Course Takeaways
- Understand why a mobile-first approach to your marketing strategy is the single best strategy for success in today's business world.
- Gain real life career experience in setting up a Facebook advertising campaign and creating a text message marketing project with an online messaging service.
- Learn how to establish interim and penultimate key performance indicators (KPIs) and project break even points and profit potential for marketing campaigns.
- 1:24 - Unique and Defining Characteristics of this course
- 1:58 - Top 3 takeaways
- 3:09 - Workload Intensity
- 3:42 - Advice for incoming students
- 4:25 - What is exciting about mobile marketing?
- 5:23 - Personal teaching style
- 6:26 - What defines you as an instructor
- 7:54 - Favorite aspect of teaching in the programs