Denisse Olivas is a digital marketer with more than 20 years of experience in marketing, management, advertising, Hispanic marketing, research, and education.
She is currently the Digital Marketing Chief of 11-D Marketing (short for 11 dimensions), a company that focuses on helping entrepreneurs to create their digital marketing signatures blending practical marketing tools and techniques with a holistic, intuitive approach. Her fresh take on marketing has enabled companies to grow at an exponential rate without getting lost in an ocean of marketing strategies. The dimensions of marketing she works with include strategy, multicultural marketing, content marketing, social media, online advertising, web development and SEO.
Olivas is also a former full time marketing lecturer at the College of Business Administration and the Director of the Center for Hispanic Entrepreneurship at the University of Texas at El Paso (UTEP), where she taught more than 2500 students, and consulted hundreds of small businesses with the goal of crafting relevant marketing plans that worked within their resources and knowledge. Prior to that she worked at the University of North Texas (UNT), and the University of New Mexico (UNM) in various marketing and management roles.
She received her BBA in Marketing and Computer Information Systems from UTEP and holds an MBA with a concentration in Marketing from UNM. Right after college she had the opportunity to work in marketing and management roles for JCPenney, Sony, and the former Domino’s Pizza.
Olivas is a Professional Certified Marketer by the American Marketing Association and is a Digital Marketing Certified Associate (DMCA) from Duke University Continuing Studies.
Olivas lives in El Paso, Texas with her three best friends (dogs) Zoey, Wizard and Sophie.
- Digital Marketing Associate – Meta
- Digital Marketing Certified Associate – Duke University Continuing Studies
- Professional Certified Marketer – American Marketing Association
- Social Media Marketer- University of San Francisco
- Hispanic Marketer – Florida State University
- ACUE Effective Teaching Practices – Association of College and University Educators
Published Book and Articles
- Outstanding Service Award - College of Business Administration- University of Texas at El Paso (05/31/2022)
- Finalist for Best Entrepreneurship Program - International Council of Small Business (07/15/2021)
- Finalist for Best Global Entrepreneurship Award - International Council of Small Business (07/15/2021)
- Teaching Excellence Award - College of Business Administration – University of Texas at El Paso (05/10/2019)
- Service Award - University of Texas at El Paso (02/21/2019)
- American Marketing Association
- PR Consultants Group
- Association of National Advertisers