Top Three Course Takeaways
- Identify the importance of public relations in developing a sound advocacy communications.
- How transparency and practitioner ethics are vital in a government public relations campaign.
- Learn from successful communicators sharing their career experiences working in government advocacy.
- Understanding Government its Impact
- Public Relations: How it’s Used by Government and Constituencies
- Engaging Constituencies
- Ethics, Responsibility and Transparency
- Message Development, Training and Discipline
- Media Relations, Social Media and Online Advocacy
- Crisis Reputation Management/Campaign Effectiveness Sustainability
WORKLOAD: (8-10 hours per week)
This course explores ways to leverage public policy relationships and strategic partners to enhance an organization's brand and marketing strategy. Students examine case studies and industry trends to examine how government entities utilize public relations strategies and tactics.
Course Learning Outcomes:
- Review federal, state and local government communications and its impact on constituencies.
- Explain the importance of ethics, responsibility and transparency in launching a government public relations campaign.
- Identify how key messages are developed and how to train communicators to deliver effective messages in "one voice."
- Show the importance of developing trusted relationships with the media while utilizing public relations communication tools.
- Determine the effectiveness of a campaign and cite ways to make it sustainable.