Understand the role that sales promotion plays in IMC. Examine the functions of sales promotion in the marketing process as well as the legal regulations on sales promotion. The course focuses only on consumer promotion.
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of IMC 617, students will be able to:
- Explain the role of sales promotion as a marketing tool.
- Identify the good (and bad) of specific sales promotion tools.
- Analyze how to plan and implement sales promotions to meet marketing objectives.
- Examine how customer relationship management (CRM) benefits both sellers and customers.
- Identify what an effective CRM program entails.
- Identify how to achieve “buy-in” to CRM from the various departments of your organization.
- Explain the marketing function of salespeople.
- Experience aspects of sales training.
- Identify how to bring value to customers and “ask for the order” as part of an IMC campaign.
- Theories and Strategies in Sales Promotion/Coupons, Special Packs, Continuity Programs, Sweepstakes, Rebates and Contests
- Premiums, Sampling and Cause-Related Promotions
- Price Discounts and Trade Deals; Legal and Ethical Issues in Sales Promotion
- Essentials of Customer Relationship Management
- Successfully Implementing CRM Programs
- Understanding the Functions and Issues of the B2B Salesperson
- Direct Sales: Prospecting, Qualifying, Persuading and Bringing Value to the Customer, Effective Communication and Persuasion Techniques