Top Three Course Takeaways
- The importance of thinking strategically as a public relations manager and the need for business literacy.
- Understanding and applying the principles of crisis communication.
- How to write and create stories in multiple media.
- Understanding Public Relations
- Mastering Business
- Corporate Culture
- Crisis Communication and Reputation Management
- Diversity, Inclusion and Racism
WORKLOAD: (8-10 hours per week)
This course emphasizes the utilization of public relations theories and strategies within an integrated marketing communications framework. Students examine topics relevant to public relations management such as business literacy, organizational culture, reputation management and ethics.
Course Learning Outcomes:
- Assess the advantages and disadvantages of public relations strategies versus those of advertising and marketing.
- Identify characteristics of an organization’s communication culture and the effects of the culture on its operation.
- Discuss ethical and legal issues involved in public relations and earned media initiatives.
- Analyze strategies to proactively address crises and protect the reputation of an organization.
- Develop a public relations proposal that identifies relevant publics and recommends specific communication strategies, tactics and channels.