Top Three Course Takeaways
- How B2B is different than consumer marketing and the specific approaches and strategies utilized.
- Identify the legal and ethical issues and situations faced by B2B marketers.
- How to leverage technology platforms to enhance the direct marketing functions of a B2B campaign.
- Introduction to Business-to-Business (B2B) Marketing
- More B2B Marketing Concepts
- Challenges of B2B Marketing and OST – “Objectives, Strategies and Tactics"
- Proven Creative Strategies for B2B DM Implementation including E-Mail and Other Online Marketing Techniques
- Managing B2B Sales Leads, Measuring "Return on Marketing Investment" (ROMI) from Sales Lead Programs
- Managing the Global B2B Brand Asset with DM
- Ethical and Legal Issues in B2B DM
WORKLOAD: (8-10 hours per week)
This course examines strategies and tactics for incorporating a business-to-business approach (B2B) into an integrated marketing communications framework. Students will explore the differences of a B2B approach from business-to-consumer (B2C), as well as the considerations marketing communicators must take into account in order to be successful in B2B.
Course Learning Outcomes:
- Determine the differences between B2B and B2C marketing, and how to segment B2B markets.
- Identify hands-on tactical creative strategies for successful B2B direct marketing campaigns.
- Evaluate appropriate metrics to measure the ROI of B2B direct marketing strategies.
- Analyze ethical and legal issues in B2B marketing communications.
- Develop and propose a B2B direct marketing campaign.