Top Three Course Takeaways
- Examine specific sales promotion tools and how they can be used effectively.
- Identify customer relationship management (CRM), what an effective CRM program includes and how to gain support for the CRM program from within the organization.
- Identify the role sales promotion plays as part of a comprehensive IMC campaign.
- Theories and Strategies in Sales Promotion/Coupons, Special Packs, Continuity Programs, Sweepstakes, Rebates and Contests
- Premiums, Sampling and Cause-Related Promotions
- Price Discounts and Trade Deals; Legal and Ethical Issues in Sales Promotion
- Essentials of Customer Relationship Management
- Successfully Implementing CRM Programs
- Understanding the Functions and Issues of the B2B Salesperson
- Direct Sales: Prospecting, Qualifying, Persuading and Bringing Value to the Customer,
- Effective Communication and Persuasion Techniques
WORKLOAD: (8-10 hours per week)
This course explores the role that sales promotion plays in integrated marketing communications. Students examine how sales promotion can be effectively incorporated into the IMC mix, as well as the legal regulations and ethical implications when utilizing sales promotion techniques.
Course Learning Outcomes:
- Identify the role of sales promotion as an IMC tool and identify the good (and bad) of specific sales promotion techniques.
- Plan sales promotion as a component of a brand's marketing objectives.
- Examine Customer Relationship Management (CRM), how it benefits both sellers and customers, and what an effective CRM program entails.
- Identify how to achieve “buy-in” to CRM from the various departments of your organization.
- Collect, analyze and interpret research data in order to propose a CRM plan to implement a sales promotion strategy.