Top Three Course Takeaways
- What is social intelligence.
- How to make data driven decisions from social data and apply to marketing communications strategy, planning and execution.
- How to capitalize on the emergence of data from the social media sphere to reach audiences efficiently and effectively.
- Introduction to Social Media Optimization
- Understanding the Foundations of the Social Web and Establishing Trust
- Enterprise Social Strategy and the Convergence of Social Media, Search and Content Marketing
- Exploring Social Media Analytics and Semantic Analysis to Derive Data Driven Insights
- Influencer Marketing and Social Media Optimization
- Persona Development and Engagement Planning for Social Media Optimization
- Setting Goals and Objectives, Measuring Performance and Business Value
WORKLOAD: (8-10 hours per week)
This course examines how data from social media can be leveraged to ensure marketing communications messages reach intended target audiences. Students explore gathering data from social media and customizing messages for maximum impact.
Course Learning Outcomes:
Discuss the role of data in social media.
Build and evaluate data and analytics from social media efforts and determine how to quantify social media performance.
Hypothesize the attribution models that include credit for social media.
Critique social media metrics as brand versus demand based.
Create a social media marketing proposal that establishes specific goals and utilizes appropriate data.