Get practical knowledge and hands-on experience in public relations from both the client and agency perspective. Students develop and produce PR tools and tactics including press releases, public service announcements, crisis communication plans, speeches, newsletters and special events for a chosen client.
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of IMC 628, students will be able to:
- Understand the relationship between communication and management in organizations.
- Develop strategies for a chief communication officer to become a member of an organization’s dominant coalition.
- Identify characteristics of an organization's communication culture and the effects of the culture on its operation.
- Understand the value and importance of ethical public relations practice.
- Develop strategies to protect the reputation of an organization.
- Recognize the difference between writing and storytelling.
- Develop presentation literacy.
- Recognize the changes in the practice of public relations.
- Understanding Public Relations
- Mastering Business
- Corporate Culture
- Crisis Communication and Reputation Management
- Diversity, Inclusion and Racism