Data Management Platforms (DMC 671) offers an exploration of the myriad database platforms available and how data can be analyzed to develop specialized and highly targeted marketing communications. Students will examine the relative merits of various platforms based on their specific needs.
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of DMC 671, students will be able to:
- Recognize the value of using database platforms to create individualized customer engagement.
- Compare the strengths and weaknesses of industry-leading portal technologies and user experience platforms (UXPs).
- Illustrate how UXPs can be leveraged to develop specialized and highly targeted marketing communication touch points.
- Analyze customer touchpoints to determine UXPs’ relative effectiveness and efficiency.
- Design a user experience map to represent the customer’s relationship with the brand across various communications channels.
- Explain which metrics can be used to evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of various UXPs.
- Introduction to UX and UX Platforms
- UX Platform Components: Sites, Assets and Content
- Customer Journey Mappings and User Data Acquisition
- UX Platform Components: Databases and User Analytics
- Using Customer Data for Target Marketing and Great Customer Experiences
- Measuring UX Effectiveness
- Evaluating UX Platforms