Workload: (10-15 hours per week)
Data Marketing Communications Campaigns is a rigorous and comprehensive capstone course that requires Data students to develop a thoughtful and professional data-driven marketing communications campaign for a real-world client. Students will demonstrate mastery of the data-driven marketing communications planning process and knowledge and skills learned throughout the graduate program.
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of DMC 680, students will be able to:
- Identify the elements of a data driven marketing communications campaign.
- Select data sources that will maximize the effectiveness and efficiency of lead generation, customer acquisition and customer retention activities.
- Use data to produce strategies and tactics to precisely target messaging, offers and content.
- Interpret predictive analytics to leverage insights and identify marketing communications opportunities to drive growth.
- Design a data driven marketing communications campaign that supports a brand’s sales and communications objectives.
- Evaluate analytics and measurement tools that can be used to determine campaign effectiveness.
- Getting to Know Your Client – Planning Your Research
- Establishing the Landscape, Market, Industry and Company Overview
- Targeting, Segmentation and Audiences
- Primary Research and the Online Survey
- SMART Objectives, Establishing Budgets, KPI's and Measurement
- GANTT Charts and Budget Pro Formas
- Survey Results, Social Proof and Bias
- Pulling it All Together
Top 3 Takeaways from the Course
- This course allows you to peak and show all the skills you learned and tie everything together.
- A portfolio worthy piece to show what you have learned in your time in the M.S. Data Marketing Communications program.
- Gain the confidence of knowing how to build a real-world campaign.