Investigate the entrepreneurial process from a range of perspectives. The primary focus is the activities that occur from conception to the launch of a new venture. The course will acquaint students with the entrepreneurial phenomena descriptively and allows them to understand the issues faced by a new venture.
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of IMC 633, students will be able to:
- Analyze and understand their level of readiness for entering the world of business ownership.
- Understand how mistakes are the best learning opportunities.
- Establish a business entity and a support structure for it.
- Evaluate new venture opportunities as they apply to your needs and interests.
- Develop a business plan, and understand how to organize under the right legal structure.
- Understand what financial resources and management are needed to start a new venture and how to get funding.
- Develop a launch plan for a new Integrated Marketing Communication entity.
- Is Entrepreneurship for You?
- Learning from Trial and Error
- Preparing for Business Startup
- Identifying New Venture Opportunities
- Business Plan, Part 1: Building the Plan
- Growing Your New IMC Venture
- Business Plan, Part 2: Refining the Plan