Top Three Course Takeaways
- Gaining the creative confidence to be creative and think creatively.
- The importance of strategy development and strategic thinking.
- Gaining awareness of new channels and the integration of a creative strategy into those channels.
- In Search of the Big Idea
- Situation Analysis and the Target Market
- Creative Strategy and the Creative Brief; Developing Insights
- Creative Strategy, Persuasive Copywriting and the Elements of Design
- Creative Strategy in Radio and Television/Internet Video
- Non-Traditional Media and Interactive Marketing
- Mobile Marketing and the Future of Digital Media
WORKLOAD: (8-10 hours per week)
Take a comprehensive look at creative strategy and its role in IMC. Students master the fundamentals of conceiving and executing an eye-catching, effective and integrated campaign that uses traditional and digital media.
Course Learning Outcomes:
- Identify the role creativity plays in IMC campaign planning.
- Demonstrate how industry research is used to develop creative strategy.
- Apply the various steps of the creative process, including the development of a creative brief and creative strategy statement.
- Create an original creative strategy that would be appropriate in print, broadcast and interactive media.
- Construct creative executions based on a creative strategy.