Top Three Course Takeaways
- Implications of social, mobile, digital and technological developments in marketing
- Shifting demographics of the modern consumers and their new expectations
- Consumer connections to emotional brands vs. transactional brands
- State of Marketing & Potential Game - Changing Trends
- The Changing Face of Today’s Consumer
- Content Marketing - An Integrated Marketing Approach to Building Business
- Contextual Understanding - Taking advantage of the Contextualized Customer Experience
- Digital Marketing - Social/Mobile Implications and Opportunities
- Slaying the Giant - How today’s Digital Marketing Tools allow the Davids to beat the Goliaths at their Game
- Finding Solutions/Improving Lives
WORKLOAD: (8-10 hours per week)
This on-site and online course examines significant current issues and trends in integrated marketing communication. Students participate in this hybrid course during the Integrate conference. Topics explored vary by term.
Offered only during the Summer term, enrolled students will gain insight and learn from both past and present Integrate conference presentations from leading industry experts. Note: Students will be required to attend Integrate (full registration will be covered in the cost of the course) and benefit from exclusive opportunities with presenters, students and faculty.
Course Learning Outcomes:
- Determine the current state of the industry and discover the trends that are impacting integrated marketing communications.
- Evaluate emerging technologies and their potential impact on marketing.
- Interact with industry leaders and change makers to discover new approaches that can be incorporated into IMC planning.
- Discuss the potential value and impact of the latest trends on the marketing communications industry.
- Research and apply at least three new trends or approaches that will improve your marketing communications technique.