Top Three Course Takeaways
- Understand how to establish a business entity and a support structure for it.
- Apply a simple five-step framework to evaluate a new venture idea.
- Develop a business plan and understand how to organize under the right legal structure.
- Is Entrepreneurship for You?
- Learning from Trial and Error
- Preparing for Business Startup
- Identifying New Venture Opportunities
- Business Plan, Part 1: Building the Plan
- Growing Your New IMC Venture
- Business Plan, Part 2: Refining the Plan
WORKLOAD: (8-10 hours per week)
This course explores what it takes to be a successful integrated marketing communications entrepreneur. Students learn how to assess risk, raise capital, position a new entity, organize, and generate and maintain sales.
Course Learning Outcomes:
- Analyze a prospective entrepreneur's level of readiness for entering the world of business ownership.
- Compare and contrast strategies for effective market research to determine potential business viability and potential.
- Evaluate new venture opportunities as they apply to your needs and interests.
- Identify what financial resources and management are needed to start a new venture and how to get funding.
- Develop, revise and present a business plan proposal for a new integrated marketing communication entity.