Top Three Course Takeaways
- Segmentation matters. You can't just globally promote a campaign and expect it to perform well.
- It's important to have a research base.
- It's a very practical course with a variety of writing activities because you won't perform just one type of task in a healthcare communications role.
- Introduction to Healthcare Communication & Marketing
- Theory Review of Health Behavior Change
- Audience Segmentation Strategies for Healthcare Communication & Marketing
- Research Analysis for Healthcare Communication & Marketing
- Objectives/Goals/Marketing Mix in Health Communication Campaigns
- Developing Health Messages
- Selecting Health Message Channels, Evaluating & Implementing a Health Communication & Marketing Plan
WORKLOAD: (8-10 hours per week)
This course explores integrated marketing communication planning for the healthcare industry. Students learn the types of health communication initiatives, theories of health behavior change, issues in design and evaluation of healthcare marketing campaigns.
Course Learning Outcomes:
- Identify and apply relevant communication and behavior change theories to an integrated health campaign.
- Develop effective communication strategies between healthcare professionals and the public.
- Integrate components such as advertising, branding, credibility, public relations and the marketing mix into an effective health campaign.
- Outline ethical and legal issues involved in healthcare marketing communications.
- Design a basic campaign utilizing health communication and marketing strategies.