Healthcare Communications Courses
This course examines the marketing techniques used by businesses to make a difference in the world, focusing on partnerships between businesses and non-profit organizations. Through case studies, the history and uses of cause marketing are examined as well as predictions for the future of the marketing practice.
This course explores various levels of the healthcare campaign and marketing process. Students learn the basic types of health campaigns, theories of health behavior change, issues in designing/evaluating healthcare marketing and the effects on health outcomes.
This course explores how the role of content is evolving in the modern marketing landscape and how to apply different types of content generation to new and traditional marketing channels. Additional topics cover the pros and cons of content marketing vs. traditional marketing as well as processes and tactics to create and implement content marketing strategies.
Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality in IMC
This course examines how brands are using Augmented and Virtual Reality platforms to expand customer interaction. This course focuses on how brands have combined technologies as part of an integrated marketing communication approach. Students will complete the class by creating an AR or VR proposal for a brand of their choice.
The Healthcare Communications courses prepare you to:
- Effectively develop healthcare communication campaign plans using an integrated marketing communications strategy
- Recognize how AR/VR can be used in IMC campaigns to enhance the user experience
- Develop strategies and learn tactics and techniques that relate to the use of AR/VR within a healthcare marketing communications campaign
- Recognize how to brand, build credibility, and effectively manage public relations efforts
- Plan content to utilize in web and social media assets: i.e. b/vlogging, video newsletters, short video for social media site production, podcasts, etc. for public education, advocacy and/or corporate purposes
- Demonstrate the benefit of cause marketing strategies for corporations, nonprofits, and consumers
- Identify the latest ethical considerations and federal guidelines associated with digital and social media marketing activities within the healthcare space
- Identify target audiences and understand behavior change theories as they relate to healthcare marketing communications campaign planning for these audiences
- Evaluate ROI for healthcare communication activities and public interest communication plans
You should pursue Healthcare Communications if...
You're interested in:
- Understanding the legal and ethical issues in healthcare communications
- Exploring the role of content in the modern healthcare industry
- Developing a cause marketing campaign strategy
- Website and social media marketing for the healthcare industry
Your dream job title is:
- Community Outreach Manager
- Healthcare Comm Specialist
- Director of Marketing
- Marketing Manager
- Content Strategist
- Communications Specialist
- Director of Corporate Sponsorships
- Director of Corporate Communications
- Director of Strategic Communication