Top Three Course Takeaways
- Learn the definition and history of cause marketing and the main reasons for implementing a cause marketing program.
- How to create a cause marketing plan based on reaching target audiences and creating shared goals.
- Understand the impact of cause marketing on the brand, including potential pitfalls.
- Introduction to Cause Marketing and Corporate Social Initiatives
- Marketing Driven Initiatives Cause Marketing, Cause Promotion and Social Marketing
- Corporate Driven Initiatives Tactics – Philanthropy and Volunteering
- Selecting Causes and Partners to fit the Target Audiences
- Planning and Evaluating Campaigns
- When things go wrong
- The future of cause marketing
WORKLOAD: (8-10 hours per week)
This course examines the mutually-beneficial partnership of a for-profit business and a nonprofit organization. Students review case studies to explore the potential of incorporating cause marketing in an integrated marketing communications approach and framework.
Course Learning Outcomes:
- Analyze the benefits to corporations, nonprofits, and society created by cause marketing and social initiatives.
- Interpret campaign target markets and demographics of consumers most likely to respond to cause marketing and corporate social responsibility.
- Determine how to select appropriate partners for your intended target audience and campaign goals.
- Evaluate a current campaign and make recommendations for improvements.
- Demonstrate the steps necessary to create and implement a successful cause marketing campaign.