Top Three Course Takeaways
- Experience in developing different brand use cases for virtual and augmented reality technology.
- Techniques for integrating immersive media ideas into marketing campaigns.
- Insights into the latest advancements in 3-dimensional interactive storytelling.
- Understanding the Evolving AR/VR Landscape
- How AR and VR Transform Content Marketing
- Get Smart on Smartphone/Tablet-based AR (AR 1.0)
- Immersive Mobile: The Power of VR 1.0 and 360° Video
- Elevating the Brand Experience with Haptics and Room-Scale VR
- Future of Marketing: Mixed Reality and AR 2.0
- The New Measurement of Augmented and Virtual Reality
WORKLOAD: (8-10 hours per week)
This course examines how brands are using transformational Augmented and Virtual Reality (AR and VR) platforms to expand customer interaction and build brand affinity. Students explore how brands have effectively combined these technologies as part of a larger marketing communications approach.
Course Learning Outcomes:
- Compare and contrast the features and benefits of industry-leading Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR) platforms, and the unique content marketing value they provide to brands.
- Evaluate the ways in which brands can use tablet/smartphone-based AR in their promotions.
- Explain how content experiences using headset-based VR platforms can engage consumers across different verticals.
- Summarize the considerations for ensuring smooth consumer access to AR/VR experiences and assess the critical success factors of an AR/VR experience.
- Produce objectives, strategies and tactics for an AR or VR experience to deliver storytelling, gaming and utility content.