Internal Brand Communication (IMC 637) addresses the important roles that internal communications and branding play in a company’s successful operation by examining internal communications strategies and implementation, the use of consistent messaging and company-to-employee crisis communication.Course Learning Outcomes
- Identify the many channels companies use when communicating internally.
- Explain the characteristics of a leader who uses communication effectively.
- Recognize, identify and prepare for the challenges inherent in leading through change.
- Discuss effective strategies that can be used by leaders.
- Explain strategies for executive communications during mergers and acquisitions.
- Identify the characteristics of both effective and ineffective internal communications.
- Explain how companies should communicate, both internally and externally, before, during and after a crisis.
- Analyze how companies can repair their reputations after a crisis has occurred.
- Discuss the importance and business aspect of storytelling in both internal and external brand communications.
- Recognize the significance and value of employees as brand ambassadors.
- Discuss how a company can turn its employees into ambassadors or advocates.
- Analyze the role employee communities can play in building brands through social media.
- Purpose-Driven Cultures
- Managing Up: Senior Leadership Responsibility
- Employee Communications Methods and Practices
- Enlisting Employees as Brand Champions
- Story: Strengthening the Organization’s Core
- Business Continuity Planning
- Change is Constant: Design the Plan