Top Three Course Takeaways
- How to create a brand audit and build out recommendations based on your brand research.
- How to be competitive as a brand by understanding competitor’s strengths and weaknesses.
- Understanding the consumer mindset, why do you pick brand A vs. brand B?
- An Overview of Brand Management
- Branding Basics with Emphasis on the Consumer
- Changing the Brand: Line Extensions, Rebranding, Brand Extensions and New Brands
- The Industry and Competition
- Segmentation – Targeting – Positioning
- Branding Beyond Packaged Goods Products
- Creative Marketing Programs
WORKLOAD: (8-10 hours per week)
Explore strategic and creative decisions in managing, building and measuring the equity of brands. Students will demonstrate mastery by conducting a comprehensive brand audit.
Course Learning Outcomes:
- Review current industry theories, models, marketing approaches and tools for building and leveraging brand equity.
- Distinguish between complimentary and contradictory data sources to determine appropriate branding decisions.
- Perform an industry-wide analysis with emphasis on a comparative review between a category leader and a secondary brand.
- Apply key brand management considerations, including the role of consumer perception, new product development and brand extensions, and implementing a brand message strategy.
- Conduct a comprehensive brand audit.