Top Three Course Takeaways
- Understanding how the technologies are affecting consumer experience.
- Learning about a variety of technologies to be able to mix traditional marketing with new media.
- Understanding how to stay with the trends changing as new media emerges.
- Introduction to Emerging Media, the Changing Marketing Landscape and Digital Transformation
- Understanding emerging media changes from the consumer's point of view
- An overview of Artificial Intelligence, The Internet of Things, Wearable Technology, Enchanted Objects, Voice Assistants, Cloud Computing and Blockchain
- An overview of new delivery methods, and how these are changing access for consumers and marketers, how these changes are shaping the future of marketing and consumer behavior
- Emerging Media Technology Opportunities: Chatbots, Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, Mixed Reality, 360° Video, 3D Printing and related technologies
- Privacy Issues in Emerging Media and Digital Transformation
- Emerging Media Compliance Issues and a World of Fakes
WORKLOAD: (8-10 hours per week)
This course explores how modern industry uses novel technologies to enhance the integrated marketing communications process. Students examine the creative and ethical issues unique to emerging media.
Course Learning Outcomes:
- Identify the latest forms of emerging media and recognize the role they play in IMC planning.
- Compare and contrast emerging media experiences that organizations are leveraging to build relationships with consumers.
- Analyze the ethical issues involved in using emerging media in marketing communications.
- Demonstrate how marketers are using emerging media to personalize the content experience.
- Define the role of creativity and design in emerging media.
View Full IMC Course Listing View Full Digital Course Listing