Top Three Course Takeaways
- Prepare for the challenges inherent in leading through change.
- Understand how companies should communicate, both internally and externally, before, during and after a crisis.
- How the role employee communities can play in building brands through social media.
- Purpose-Driven Cultures
- Managing Up: Senior Leadership Responsibility
- Employee Communications Methods and Practices
- Enlisting Employees as Brand Champions
- Story: Strengthening the Organization’s Core
- Business Continuity Planning
- Change is Constant: Design the Plan
WORKLOAD: (8-10 hours per week)
This course explores the role that internal communications can play in a company's integrated marketing communications framework. Students examine internal communication strategies and implementation, the use of consistent messaging, and company-to-employee crisis communication.
Course Learning Outcomes:
- Identify the characteristics of both effective and ineffective internal brand communications.
- Explain how companies should communicate internally before, during and after a crisis.
- Analyze how companies can repair their reputation with their internal stakeholders after a crisis has occurred.
- Discuss the importance and business aspect of storytelling in internal brand communications.
- Develop a change management communications proposal for a brand or organization.