Top Three Course Takeaways
- How to combine multi-channel metrics, baselines and benchmarks with thoughtful and actionable analysis.
- Learn best practices in data visualization.
- The fundamentals of business and marketing measurement.
- The Power of Data in Marketing Communications
- Database Marketing, Customer Experience & Loyalty
- Essential Marketing Metrics
- Targeting Your Audience
- Essential Financial and Customer Metrics
- Data for Digital Marketing
- Data Visualization and Marketing Automation
WORKLOAD: (8-10 hours per week)
This course is the introductory course experience for the data marketing communications master's degree program. Students will explore the fundamentals of using data to make marketing communications decisions, as well as topics including database marketing, loyalty programs, financial and marketing metrics, audience targeting and segmentation, data for digital marketing, data visualization and marketing automation. This course must be completed in a student's first academic term.
Course Learning Outcomes:
Explain the basic principles of marketing, media, and digital analytics.
Distinguish between reporting and analysis and discover how metrics and analysis inform business decision making.
Explain how marketers use current analytic methods to deliver ROI for their clients and organizations.
Explain how profiling, segmentation and modeling can be used to target audiences.
Apply measurement and metric problem-solving skills.