Introduction to DMC (DMC 660) gives an introduction to the entire program with a focus on upcoming curriculum and industry trends as well as an overview of campaign management systems available in the market.
Students learn how to combine multi-channel metrics, baselines, and benchmarks with thoughtful and actionable analysis. They will review the fundamentals of business and marketing measurement, and also learn best practices in data visualization.
This course also includes a quantitative “boot camp” to ensure students are ready to progress to the other courses in the program’s sequence. This “boot camp” will consist of a series of modules, which students must complete concurrently with their other coursework. Completing these modules will ensure that students have a solid understanding of the quantitative terms and concepts needed to succeed in future DMC courses.
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of DMC 660, students will be able to:
- Explain the basic principles of marketing, media and digital analytics.
- Distinguish between reporting and analysis.
- Discover how metrics and analysis inform business decision making.
- Explain how marketers use current analytic methods such as segmentation, profiling, and RFM to deliver ROI for their clients.
- Discuss the role of big data in marketing decision making.
- Apply measurement and metric problem solving skills.
- Essential Business Metrics Every DMC Marketer Needs to Know
- Database Marketing Fundamentals
- Profiling, Segmentation and Modeling
- Essential Financial Metrics and Big Data Analytics
- Salesforce and Marketing Automation
- Essential KPI’s in Marketing and Web Analytics for Business
- Laggards and Leaders and Data Visualization