Workload: (8-10 hours per week)
This course emphasizes the creative aspects of executing an IMC strategy including visual branding, verbal branding, creative direction and art direction. Learn how to conceive, develop, express and execute a coherent visual identity using a comprehensive IMC strategy.
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of IMC 625, students will be able to:
- Conduct in-depth research and outline a case study of a brand including its mission, voice, visual identity and target market.
- Research, analyze and recommend appropriate media from a selection of print, digital and social media vehicles used by contemporary marketers for content delivery and brand marketing.
- Conceive, develop and express complex visual ideas and concepts, translating them into a coherent identity that reinforces the marketing objectives and builds the brand.
- Apply creative direction and art direction techniques across print, digital and social media.
- Write, design and produce marketing executions that effectively express the identity and IMC strategy for the brand.
- The Foundation of Creative Strategy - The Brand
- The Creative Process
- Brand Expression and Messaging
- Media Options and Creative Considerations
- Brand Storytelling and Video
- The Business of Creativity
- The Changing Landscape of Creative Strategy
Top 3 Course Takeaways
- How to leverage data-driven insights to build effective creative strategy.
- Advance design and conceptual principles for quality creative execution across multiple channels.
- How to share and promote your creative strategy and fully integrated marketing campaign with a pro-caliber presentation.