The Creative Strategy Graduate Certificate includes four completely online courses at a rate of $2,460 per course. You may transition into the full online Integrated Marketing Communications master's degree program at any time during your graduate certificate enrollment. Credits you have earned will count toward the 10-course master's program.
Creative Strategy Courses
Advanced Creative Concepts
Students who take this course will be able to conduct in-depth research and outline a case study of a brand including its mission, voice, visual identity and target market.
In this course, students design a brand for a product or service and express that brand through a web-based video.
Visual Information Design
This course peeks behind the curtain at what makes visual information design work and how effective it can be as a tool for designers and non-designers alike.
This course explores how the role of content is evolving in the modern marketing landscape and how to apply different types of content generation to new and traditional marketing channels.
The Creative Strategy courses prepare you to:
- Design marketing and communications branding to create a visual identification for an IMC brand strategy
- Explore branding in terms of mission, voice, color psychology and visual identity
- Research, analyze and recommend appropriate media from a selection of print, digital and social media vehicles used by contemporary publishers for content delivery and brand marketing
- Conceive, develop and express complex visual ideas and concepts, translating them into a coherent visual identity that builds a brand and reinforces its marketing objectives
- Explore how the role of content is evolving in the modern marketing landscape and how to apply different types of content generation to new and traditional marketing channels
- Create storyboards for content development and develop script writing techniques for production and understand how color, layout, and typography can be used to create a compelling visual message and brand
- Convey and learn to express complex visual ideas and concepts
- Apply professional creative direction and art direction techniques across print, digital and social media
You should pursue Creative Strategy if...
You're interested in:
- Creating visual marketing strategies
- Developing compelling marketing content
- Outlining visual and verbal branding guidelines
- Storytelling in a digital format
Your dream job title is:
- Director of Creative Design
- Creative Marketing Director
- Art Director
- Creative Services Manager
- Marketing Manager
- Digital Content Manager
- Graphic Designer
- Branding Strategist
- Media Coordinator