The Digital and Social Media Graduate Certificate includes four completely online courses at a rate of $2,460 per course. You may transition into the full online Integrated Marketing Communications master's degree program at any time during your graduate certificate enrollment. Credits you have earned will count toward the 10-course master's program.
Digital and Social Media Courses
In this course, students design a brand for a product or service and express that brand through a web-based video. This course provides you with the guidelines for how to create a movie that reaches the desired audience. As part of this course, you can expect to be able to design a marketing communication plan and write a production ready script. After taking this course, you will grasp the deep connection between marketing and storytelling.
Social Media and Marketing
This course examines the latest strategies for monitoring and engaging consumers in social media from a marketing perspective. It explores popular platforms, such as Twitter and Facebook, that are used to connect with and analyze target audiences. This course will teach students to evaluate the effectiveness of a social media plan using appropriate and informative metrics for tracking performance.
Web Metrics and SEO
No doubt one of the most important courses for the Digital and Social Media AOE, the Web Metrics and SEO course covers how marketers strategically gather online information to measure traffic, engagement and potential impact on ROI. It explores search engine optimization (SEO) and social media optimization (SMO) strategies used to build an online presence for clients.
Digital Video Production
This course, in conjunction with the Digital Storytelling course, introduces the technical and conceptual skills needed to create and add videos into integrated marketing campaigns. It walks students through the basics of selecting the best hardware and software for video projects. Students learn the basics of scripting, storyboarding, shooting, editing and production, and are responsible for creating a short 2-3 minute video promoting a brand or company of their choice.
The Digital and Social Media courses prepare you to:
- Identify, incorporate, and implement digital and social media marketing tactics in an integrated marketing communications strategy
- Define legal and ethical considerations and federal guidelines associated with digital and social media marketing activities
- Evaluate ROI for digital and social media marketing plans
- Plan digital content to utilize on social media sites: i.e. vlogging, video newsletters, short video for social media site production, podcasts, etc
- Interpret key social media metrics and demonstrate knowledge in tracking social media sites and learn to utilize web analytics tools and SEO in campaign assessment
- Develop a comprehensive social media marketing comm plan
- Develop digital content relevant to the target audience for owned, earned, and paid digital and social media channels
You should pursue Digital and Social Media if...
You're interested in:
- Developing digital and social media strategies
- Evaluating ROI for digital and social media marketing plans
- Understanding the digital consumer
- Grasping the deep connection between storytelling and marketing
Your dream job title is:
- Director of Digital Marketing
- Digital Content Manager
- Digital Advertising Manager
- Digital Production Manager
- Social Media Manager
- SEO Specialist
- Paid Search Specialist
- Social Media Strategist