Top Three Course Takeaways
- Effectively write a production-ready script for a 4-minute marketing video.
- Learn how to use a smart phone or digital video camera and audio recording device to effectively shoot high-definition video for recording interviews and b-roll for a marketing video.
- Edit a marketing video using a production-ready script and the video assets you have recorded using your smart phone or digital video camera and upload it to a YouTube channel you create as part of the final project.
- The History of Filmmaking and Elements of Effective Marketing Videos
- Responsible Content Creation, the Needs Analysis and the Video Production Creative Brief
- The Basics of Videotaping and an Introduction to Storyboarding
- It’s a Wrap. Future Video Trends
- Introduction to Video Editing
- Shooting Video, B-roll and Recording Interviews using the Scripted Storyboard
- Adding Text and Graphics to the Premiere Timeline
- Understanding YouTube & Applying Color Correction and Grading
WORKLOAD: (8-10 hours per week)
In this course, you will be prepared to complete the following industry certification:Adobe Premiere Pro Certification
This course introduces the technical, conceptual and creative skills needed to create and add videos into marketing communications campaigns. Students cover the basics of hardware and software for video projects. Students gain actual hands-on experience shooting and producing their own engaging video.
Course Learning Outcomes:
- Demonstrate the basics of digital audio production for podcasts, web and video.
- Assess the cutting edge of vlogging, video newsletters and other uses for video in marketing.
- Apply elements of framing, lighting and shooting for producing successful digital videos.
- Develop basic video editing skills including splitting, transitions, titles and more.
- Produce an original short marketing video using digital production, audio integration and editing techniques learned in class.
View Full IMC Course Listing View Full Digital Course Listing