Workload: (10-15 hours per week)
Campaign Metrics and Assessment (DMC 673) explores how data can inform key performance indicators that define a campaign’s success. This course will have a specific focus on how metrics and assessment can rely on data for maximum benefit and will include a survey of available metrics and assessments platform
Campaign Metrics and Assessment is a required course in both the Data Marketing Communications and Digital Marketing Communications master's degree program. As part of the course, students earn the Google Data Studio Certification.
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of DMC 673, students will be able to:
- Identify key performance indicators to track the results of a marketing communications campaign.
- Select data sources that can be used to evaluate the achievement of key performance indicators.
- Write clearly defined and measurable campaign objectives that identify the anticipated campaign outcomes.
- Compute campaign return on investment (ROI) to evaluate marketing communications expenditures versus impact on brand.
- Evaluate available campaign assessment tools and platforms.
- Marketing Metrics Overview
- Campaign Planning: Market Share Metrics
- Standard Metrics for Online and Offline Marketing Campaigns
- Digital Marketing Metrics
- Website Metrics and Assessment
- Social Media Metrics and Assessment
- Email, A/B Testing and Dashboard Reporting
Top 3 Course Takeaways
- You learn the approach of understanding what makes a campaign a success at the beginning of your planning aspect.
- Knowing how to gather the data you need and what tools you can use to gather that data.
- What are Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and how to establish what ones are important to report to managers and CEOs.