Top Three Course Takeaways
- What is audience segmentation and ways to segment.
- How to create a persona of your target market.
- How to target the right person, at the right time, in the right place.
- Introduction to Segmentation, Customer-Centricity and Product-Centricity
- Segmentation Schemes and Strategies
- Primary vs. Secondary Data
- Customer Profitability and Lifetime Value
- Targeting and Positioning
- B2B vs. B2C Segmentations
- Segmentation Strategies and Planning
WORKLOAD: (8-10 hours per week)
This course examines how data can be used to break down mass markets into specific, reachable target markets. Students explore demographic data and other key indicators that can inform successful campaigns, and which data best serve the development of unique market segments to support specific marketing communication goals.
Course Learning Outcomes:
Explain the different types of data available to marketing communicators from response data, to compiled and crowd-sourced data.
Identify which data is most effective for different target market uses.
Compare B2B and B2C data usage, and available data modules for targeting, segmentation, data append and account-based marketing communication.
Investigate the importance of hierarchical data in B2B decision making.
- Develop a consumer target profile and plan based on an understanding of customer analysis, profiling, and modeling.