Mobile Marketing (IMC 629) examines exciting new business developments in mobility,
explores fundamental forces that shape the wireless industry, discusses keys to
establishing a competitive advantage and examines emerging trends that may indicate
where the industry is heading.
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of IMC 629, students will be able to:
- Identify and discuss key terminology and successful mobile marketing examples.
- Explain how technology and mobile marketing are intertwined.
- Discuss and analyze what makes mobile marketing different from other marketing approaches.
- Explain how the mobile web and mobile applications are monetized and coexist.
- Discuss and analyze how mobile plays a key part in the consumer journey from research to purchase.
- Analyze and produce basic visual mobile communication pieces.
- Mobile 101: Need to Know Terms and History
- What the iPhone Started: Proliferation of High-End Devices
- Mobile Marketing Basics
- Mobile Promotions and Location-Based Marketing
- Mobile Applications vs. The Web
- Privacy and Data Sharing
- 4 Screens Approach: Integrating Mobile Marketing
- Mobile M-commerce
- Measurement: Success Metrics Going Forward