IMC 410: Immersion Scholars
Take the online graduate-level course IMC 410 as an undergrad.
What is IMC 410?
IMC 410 offers undergraduate students the opportunity to explore how their studies fit into the integrated marketing communications landscape.
Who are Immersion Scholars?:
WVU IMC Immersion Scholars are undergraduate students granted permission to enroll in the IMC 410 course. These students are highly motivated, high achievers who are interested in exploring all of the professional options available by becoming an integrated marketing communications professional.
These students seek to excel in the marketing communications field and get a head start on their graduate education, or to challenge themselves with a course that provides a graduate-level integrated marketing communications portfolio piece upon completion.
Suggested Qualifications to Inquire (Not Requirements):
- Junior and Senior undergraduate students with a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Interest in campaign planning, market research, consumer behavior or project management
- Open to ALL majors
- Highly recommended for all students considering graduate education
Why be an IMC Immersion Scholar?
- “Test” graduate education while fulfilling your undergraduate degree requirements.
- Upon completion, students who continue into the full M.S. IMC program will be able to complete the degree with an AOE without taking an additional eleventh course (Traditional 10 courses to graduation).
- Students who continue to the full graduate degree program and do not choose an AOE will have room within the 10-course degree requirement to take an extra elective
- Deciding between IMC and DMC? Take the Introduction to IMC course now to test out one option for your graduate degree focus.
- Add to your resume. The final project for IMC 410 is a full IMC campaign for a given client. This is a great piece to show employers how you have a basic understanding of the IMC landscape.
- Taking a graduate-level course as an undergraduate student is a huge accomplishment. Show your dedication to learning and advancing your professional skills by adding it to your transcript.
"The course has really given me insight into everything that goes into planning
a fully launched marketing campaign. I now have an idea how the program will
be set up and know how to manage my time around the due dates since it's completely
online. Taking a class like IMC 410 has also helped me plan out my week in
— Janine Posey
"The IMC 410 class is particularly unique because it gives undergraduates an opportunity to experience the program a little early, which benefits them as they enter the program as graduates students. Coming in as undergraduates, they get to learn the ecampus navigation system and become familiar with expectations and deadlines within the IMC program so when they are accepted into the program as graduate students, they are already prepared to jump right in and start learning."
— Stacey Creely, IMC 410 Instructor
— Emily Zekonis
How do I enroll?
Contact us today:
Together, we will work with your advisor to see if you qualify.