IMC 410: Immersion Scholars
Get a Head Start on your Master's Degree by taking IMC 410 online as an undergraduate.
What is IMC 410?
IMC 410 offers undergraduate students the opportunity to explore how their studies fit into the integrated marketing communications landscape.
Who are Immersion Scholars?:
WVU IMC Immersion Scholars are undergraduate students granted permission to enroll in the IMC 410 course. These students are highly motivated, high achievers who are interested in exploring all of the professional options available by becoming an integrated marketing communications professional.
These students seek to excel in the marketing communications field and get a head start on their graduate education, or to challenge themselves with a course that provides a graduate-level integrated marketing communications portfolio piece upon completion.
Suggested Qualifications to Inquire (Not Requirements):
- Open to all majors from any university
- Junior and senior undergraduate students in good academic standing
- Interest in campaign planning, strategy and consumer behavior or brand management
- Highly recommended for students considering graduate education
Why be an IMC Immersion Scholar?
- WVU offers a fully online M.S. in Integrated Marketing Communications. Get a taste of the IMC discipline and industry to decide if the graduate program is right for you before you enroll.
- Take a graduate-level course without paying graduate tuition.
- The three credit hours earned in IMC 410 count toward undergraduate requirements.
- Taking IMC 410 as an undergrad allows you to skip the IMC graduate-level intro course. This means you can earn an area of emphasis or take an extra elective without extending your time in grad school.
- Add it to your resume. The course’s final project is a full IMC campaign for a given client. This is a great way to show employers that you have a basic understanding of the IMC landscape.
"The course has really given me insight into everything that goes into planning
a fully launched marketing campaign. I now have an idea how the program will
be set up and know how to manage my time around the due dates since it's completely
online. Taking a class like IMC 410 has also helped me plan out my week in
— Janine Posey
"The IMC 410 class is particularly unique because it gives undergraduates an opportunity to experience the program a little early, which benefits them as they enter the program as graduates students. Coming in as undergraduates, they get to learn the ecampus navigation system and become familiar with expectations and deadlines within the IMC program so when they are accepted into the program as graduate students, they are already prepared to jump right in and start learning."
— Stacey Creely, IMC 410 Instructor
— Emily Zekonis
How do I enroll?
Contact us today:
Together, we will work with your advisor to see if you qualify.