Digital Storytelling (IMC 634) students will design a brand for a product or service and express that brand as a video for the Web. This course will provide guidelines for how to create a movie that reaches the desired audience and can be shared via social media.
Digital Storytelling is an elective in the IMC master's degree program and a required course in the Digital Marketing Communications master's degree program. As part of the course, students complete the HubSpot Content Marketing Certification.
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of IMC 634, students will be able to:
- Articulate the importance of focused storytelling in modern, digital brand marketing efforts.
- Analyze the similarities and differences between static and motion storytelling approaches.
- Distinguish strategies that can be used to uncover new ideas and connect with different audiences.
- Assess the best tools and techniques to use in promoting a digital brand story.
- Develop a compelling digital brand story pitch.
- People Need Stories
- Growing the Story
- Why Brands Need Stories
- Eliciting Emotion and Refining the Pitch
- Concepting and Scripting
- Expanding the Story
- The Next Chapter