Advanced Creative Concepts (IMC 625) emphasizes the creative aspects of executing an IMC strategy including visual branding, verbal branding, creative direction and art direction. Focuses on conceiving, developing, expressing and executing a coherent visual identity using a comprehensive IMC strategy.
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of IMC 625, students will be able to:
- Conduct in-depth research and outline a case study of a brand including its mission, voice, visual identity and target market.
- Research, analyze and recommend appropriate media from a selection of print, digital and social media vehicles used by contemporary publishers for content delivery and brand marketing.
- Conceive, develop and express complex visual ideas and concepts, translating them into a coherent visual identity that builds a brand and reinforces its marketing objectives.
- Apply professional creative direction and art direction techniques across print, digital and social media.
- Write, design and produce marketing executions that effectively express the visual identity and IMC strategy for the brand.
- Intro to a Lifestyle Title Launch; New Ideas in Content Delivery
- Creative Visual Strategies & Techniques in IMC
- Visual Branding
- Verbal Branding
- Art Direction & Mock Photoshoot
- Media Considerations & Techniques
- Video Storyboarding for Television & the Internet
- New Roles for Social Media
- Putting it All Together: Reinforcing a Creative Strategy with a Unified Visual Identity