Social Media and Marketing (IMC 641) examines the latest strategies for monitoring and engaging consumers in social media from a marketing perspective. Explores popular platforms, such as Twitter and Facebook, that are used to connect with and analyze target audiences.
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of IMC 641, students will be able to:
- Provide a broad overview of social media and the social web.
- Explain the role of social media in IMC.
- Research and engage current social media communications channels.
- Evaluate what companies have done or are currently doing, and learn what makes some social media strategies succeed but others fail.
- Discuss how consumers interact socially and via word-of-mouth.
- Discuss the types of information that spread on social media networks, as well as how that information spreads.
- Evaluate the effectiveness and ROI of a social media plan using appropriate and informative metrics for tracking performance.
- Understand the importance of trust and transparency in social media marketing.
- Understand the latest guidelines provided by The Federal Trade Commission.
- Develop a comprehensive social media marketing plan for a real company or brand.
- Social Media Marketing: Setting the Stage Understanding the Digital Consumer
- Building a Strong Foundation: Engagement Principles
- Social Media Listening Monitoring
- Social Media Channels
- Measurement Metrics to Quantify Success
- Content Development Social Media Engagement
- Truth, Trust Transparency
- Wrap-up Week