IMC 615 Creative Strategy and Execution Course Details
Workload: (10-15 hours per week)
Creative Strategy and Execution (IMC 615) takes a comprehensive look at creative strategy and its role in IMC. Students master the fundamentals of conceiving and executing an eye-catching, effective and integrated campaign that uses traditional and digital media.
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of IMC 615, students will be able to:
- Identify the role creative strategy plays in an IMC campaign.
- Recognize how market research is used to develop creative strategies.
- Define the various stages of the creative process.
- Design an original creative strategy for use in print, broadcast and interactive media.
- Construct a comprehensive, consistent and original group of creative pieces based on a creative strategy.
- In Search of the Big Idea
- Situation Analysis & the Target Market
- Creative Strategy & the Creative Brief; Developing Insights
- Creative Strategy, Persuasive Copywriting & the Elements of Design
- Creative Strategy in Radio & Television/Internet Video
- Non-Traditional Media & Interactive Marketing
- Mobile Marketing & the Future of Digital Media
- Wrap-up Week
Top 3 Takeaways from the Course
- Gaining the creative confidence to be creative and think creatively.
- The importance of strategy development and strategic thinking.
- Gaining awareness of new channels and the integration of a creative strategy into those channels.
00:36 - About Professor Stultz’s Career
02:10 - Professor Stultz’s Passion for Creative Strategy
03:32 - How the Course has Evolved
05:41 - What do Students Learn
08:26 - The Value in the Discussions and Assignments
08:55 - Workload Intensity
10:09 - Advice for Being Successful in IMC 615
11:54 - Professor Stultz’s Personal Teaching Style