Creative Strategy and Execution (IMC 615) takes a comprehensive look at creative strategy and its role in IMC. Students master the fundamentals of conceiving and executing an eye-catching, effective and integrated campaign that uses traditional and digital media.
IMC 615 Creative Strategy and Execution Course Details
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of IMC 615, students will be able to:
- Identify the role creative strategy plays in an IMC campaign.
- Recognize how market research is used to develop creative strategies.
- Define the various stages of the creative process.
- Design an original creative strategy for use in print, broadcast and interactive media.
- Construct a comprehensive, consistent and original group of creative pieces based on a creative strategy.
- In Search of the Big Idea
- Situation Analysis & the Target Market
- Creative Strategy & the Creative Brief; Developing Insights
- Creative Strategy, Persuasive Copywriting & the Elements of Design
- Creative Strategy in Radio & Television/Internet Video
- Non-Traditional Media & Interactive Marketing
- Mobile Marketing & the Future of Digital Media
- Wrap-up Week
Top 3 Takeaways from the Course
- Gaining the creative confidence to be creative and think creatively.
- The importance of strategy development and strategic thinking.
- Gaining awareness of new channels and the integration of a creative strategy into those channels.
Thinking about registering for IMC 615?
Course Intensity and Workload
The course requires a lot of thinking and strategy, paired with writing, with a 4 out of 5 workload ranking, estimating 10-15 hours per course per week.