Brand Equity Management (IMC 613) explores strategies and tactics that are used to build, measure and manage brands and brand equity, including the introduction of new products. Also covers creative decisions in branding.
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of IMC 613, students will be able to:
- Identify and analyze theories, models, marketing programs and other tools for building brand equity.
- Discriminate between complimentary and contradictory data resources to make challenging branding decisions.
- Contrast important brand management concepts and principles with classmates and faculty.
- Synthesize the branding concepts into a detailed brand audit.
- Basics of Branding
- Analysis of Industry & Competition
- Changing the Brand: Line Extensions, Rebranding, Brand Extensions & New Brands
- Foundation Strategic Planning
- Measuring Brand Performance
- Branding Beyond Packaged Goods Products
- Creative Marketing Programs
- Wrap-up Week