Emerging Media and The Market (IMC 619) examines how modern industry uses emerging media, such as blogs and virtual worlds, to enhance the IMC process. Addresses the creative and ethical issues unique to digital media.
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of IMC 619, students will be able to:
- Identify the role emerging media plays in an IMC campaign.
- Compare, contrast and experience the emerging media that organizations are leveraging to build relationships with consumers.
- Recognize the ethical issues involved in using emerging media as a marketing communications tool.
- Understand how marketers are using emerging media to reach specific audiences to include ethnic and youth markets.
- Define the role of creativity and design in emerging media.
- IMC in an Evolving Digital Landscape
- Understanding Consumers: Emerging Media Users and Markets
- Growth of mobile across emerging media platforms
- An overview of The Internet of Things and how it is shaping the future of marketing and consumer behavior
- Marketing in a Social Media World
- Marketing and Search in an emerging media world
- Ethical Legal Issues in Emerging Media