Executive Comm and Leadership (IMC 648) students will examine the changing strategic position of communications within modern businesses and organizations, the importance of communications as a component of executive leadership, and the new imperative that communications deliver measurable results tied to business and organizational goals and objectives.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Explain why communications is an executive function
- Think critically about common practices in communications
- Build a new toolkit for executive communications
- Distinguish executive communications from brand marketing
- Examine how new digital platforms will change executive communications
- Manage new demands for accountability from communications leaders
- Develop a budget for marketing efforts
- Communications in the C-Suite: Rise of the CCO
- Are messages and media training the enemy?
- C-Suite profiles, the holy grail gets more elusive
- C-Suite styles, brand conformity v. individuality
- Crisis leadership from the C-Suite
- C-Suite on social media
- ROI, Communications’ Achilles heel